Here in the kindergarten of de La Salle we believe in the integration of both the academics and the personality of the child by using hands – on methods and spontaneous learning. In order to develop the child's senses and to encourage him/her to communicate freely in an educational environment, we provide activities and games rich in culture and ethics.
Our curriculum aims to also develop the intellectual and analytic skills of the child by discovering his/her abilities, personality and interests: and by aiding the child in exercising his/her motor skills and manual and mental operations.
In doing this goals and aims are to:
- To raise an independent child.
- To develop the concepts of self confidence and self-esteem.
- To develop intellectual skills and encourage the independent thinking.
- To develop the child in all aspects and in an integral way.
- To motivate the child’s desire to learn.
- To teach the child how to think in a scientific way.
- To teach the child the skill of asking questions to strengthen his analytical and deduction skills.
- To teach the child tolerance of others and strengthen the principle of sharing.
- To improve self-discipline.
- To help the child to express and communicate his feelings and needs by using correct language.
We have provided the kindergarten with several facilities:
- The music room where children can listen and sing along to songs and poems. We believe that music is extremely important to cognitive development of the child.
- The computer lab which is equipped with modern computers, we have chosen specific programs to improve child's reflection and concentration skills.
- The kitchen where the child can learn the importance of basic life skills and healthy hygiene habits.